During the summer, when you’re camping or having friends over, smoked food has a unique charm of its own. Outdoors fans know that a good smoker is one of their must-haves. That said, you don’t want anything that’s too big or heavy. An electric or pellet smoker that you can take with you when you go camping is also a good idea.
Many brands say that their smokers for camping are easy to carry, but not all of them are true. When you go camping, you want to make sure that you have all of the things that you need. These things, on the other hand, should be small enough to fit in the back of your truck or car. Also, they should be simple to use.
How to choose the best camping smoker
A portable electric smoker for camping or a portable pellet smoker for camping is a good idea before you buy them. You should know what makes them so good. It should come as no surprise that anything you take camping should be durable and light. While that’s true, a good smoker should also be versatile and easy to move around. Then again, that’s not all that you need to look out for. Other things to think about when you buy a portable pellet smoker or other camping smoker are shown below.
For camping, smokers tend to be a lot bigger because they have a lot of extra features. In other words, it’s not always easy to find one that is both functional and light-weight Nonetheless, there are a lot of small smokers to choose from, even though they aren’t very big.
Once again, how big and how heavy your smoker is will depend on how much you want to cook in it. There is another thing to keep in mind, though. All small smokers might not be light. Portable electric smokers usually weigh more than charcoal grills because of all the extras they come with when you’re camping.
You can buy a variety of types of smokers. The type of smoker you buy will also affect how easy it is to move.
Pellet Smokers: A pellet smoker is usually heavier than a charcoal smoker, but they can be taken with you. The hopper and wood pellets are the reason for this. You will need to think about it.
For camping, charcoal grills are a good choice because they are easy to move around. These come in a wide range of sizes and weigh less than most grills. The best thing about this type is that you get the real smoky taste. On the other hand, you’ll have to keep buying charcoal.
Gas grills are also a good choice for camping because they can be taken with you. The downside is that they don’t stand on their own. Because they use propane, they can be very heavy. If you want even heat and control over how much you cook, a gas grill is a good choice.
If you’re going camping, you’ll need a power outlet in order to use this electric smoker. You can get a lot out of it, but you’ll need a power outlet in order to use it. People who have RVs or a generator can use these.
Versatility And Durability
Smokers with steel bodies that have been powder-coated tend to last longer than other types. Smokers can cost a lot of money, so you’ll need to make sure that they can last.
It’s also a good idea to look for smokers who do a lot more than just smoke. A camping smoker that can do a lot of different things may be a little more expensive than others, but they’re worth it.
Best Camping Smokers
Cuisinart COS-118 Charcoal Smoker
- Two 18" stainless steel racks provide 510 square inches of cooking space
- Porcelain enamel water bowl. Dimensions- 22 L x 24 W x 43 H inches
- Top and bottom vents provide a dual air vent system
- Latching base
For camping, the Cuisinart COS -118 Charcoal Smoker is a great smoker. It comes with everything you need to set it up, but you’ll need charcoal and wood chunks. This smoker can be used to smoke all of your favorite foods, such as cheese and vegetables, as well as meats and fish. The smoker is made of steel and is easy to keep and clean.
A porcelain-enameled steel bowl holds the water, letting the heat from the wood mix with the water to make smoky flavors. There is a vertical door on the side that makes it easy to get to water and fuel. Another thing that makes this smoker unique is how easy it is to control the amount of heat and smoke it makes. In order to control how much smoke and heat there is, you can open or close the vents.
When you stack two steel wire racks inside this smoker, you have even more cooking space. When you want to check on what you’re cooking, it’s easy to lift the lid. This means that your food will be heated evenly.
• Easy to clean and maintain
• Steel housing
• More control over the heat and smoke with two vents
• Two racks of cooking space
• Lightweight at 25 pounds
• The door doesn’t shut fully and tends to leak a bit
Raptor Grilling Optimized Portable Charcoal Grill Smoker
- MONEY SAVING EFFICIENCY: Raptor’s charcoal saving technology saves you $112 each year in charcoal if you cook once a week. The savings are even greater if you use lump charcoal or exotic fuels like binchotan charcoal. The increased efficiency also allows you to pack light for extended camping or roadtrips with this innovative portable charcoal grill and smoker for outdoor cooking.
- CLEAN HANDS TECHNOLOGY: Raptor’s clean handles on the grate & charcoal basket along with the lid handles integrated stand allow you to clean, light, and cook your meals mess free. No need to touch ash or charcoal again even when relighting your grill using a charcoal chimney starter. Tailgate, entertain, go camping, or go to the beach without getting ash and charcoal on your hands or clothes thanks to this innovative table top travel grill.
- RAPID COOL-DOWN: A class exclusive sealed lid and tight tolerance air valves allow you to find the perfect grilling temperature & provides an industry leading cool-down making the Raptor the best table top portable grill and small smoker for tailgating, travel, road trips & as a campfire grill.
- VERSATILE COOKER: The Raptor portable charcoal grill features a large chrome plated steel grate dimensions of 18 inch by 13-inch that provides a large 230 square inches of outdoor cooking surface that is more efficient than a kettle grill while still being a small grill perfect to go-anywhere – camping, travel in an RV, or at home as an everyday cooker that can be used to char-grill, char-broil, open top hibachi, or as a portable offset smoker to grill a steak or smoking ribs.
- ASADORES de CARBON - AHORRO de DINERO y TECNOLOGIA LIMPIA: la tecnología de ahorro de carbón le ahorra $112 cada año en carbón vegetal y le permite viajar ligero para acampar extendido o viajes por carretera. La rejilla limpia del Raptor y las asas de la cesta junto con el soporte integrado del mango de la tapa le permiten limpiar, encender y cocinar sin desorden. Portón trasero, campamento, o ir a la playa sin conseguir cenizas y carbón en usted con esta parrilla de carbón innovador.
The Raptor Grilling Optimized Portable Charcoal Grill Smoker is one of the most fuel-efficient smokers for camping, and it comes with a charcoal grill. If you use lump charcoal or other unusual fuels like binchotan charcoal, this tabletop grill can help you save a lot of money on fuel. People can pack less because they don’t need to bring extra charcoal with them.
Because the handles on the grate and charcoal basket are clean, you can cook your food without making a mess because you can do it quickly. To start your grill again, you won’t have to touch the charcoal or ashes that are in it. When you buy it, it comes with a charcoal chimney starter that helps keep your hands clean.
An unique sealed lid and air valves with very small gaps will help you find the right grilling temperature. In about an hour, it cools down to room temperature, so you can put it away afterward. It also has a large chrome-plated steel grate that has 230 square inches of cooking space outside. TI can also be used for a lot of different things, which makes it a good tool.
• Patented cooking grate and fuel basket handles
• Cools down within an hour from cooking
• Patented integrated lid stand
• Patented charcoal transfer port
• Large cooking surface
• A little heavy to carry
Green Mountain Davy Crockett Sense Mate Electric Wi-Fi Control Foldable Portable Wood Pellet Tailgating Grill
- Features Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor which constantly monitors grill temperature
- Includes a meat probe, peaked lid for rib racks, convenience tray
- Weighs 68 lbs. and folds to fits in nearly any trunk, making it the ultimate Tailgating Grill
- 110V or 12V with adapters for 3 power options
The Green Mountain Davy Crockett is a good choice if you want to take a small pellet smoker with you when you go camping. This grill is easy to pack because it folds down and weighs only 57 pounds. It can fit in almost any trunk. It’s a pretty good grill for tailgating.
The grill is also a good size, but there is another good thing about it. It has a Sense-Mate that always checks the temperature of the grill. Because this electric smoker can be taken with you on camping trips, but that’s not the only thing that makes it great.
It also comes with a digital WiFi controller that lets you keep an eye on the grill through an app on your phone or tablet. Another good thing about this grill is that it can run on 12V or 120AC. Around 60 watts of power are used.
There is a meat probe, a peaked lid for chicken that stands up, rib racks, and a convenience tray with utensil hooks.
• A wide temperature range allows you to sear or smoke
• Can run on 12V or 120AC
• Includes a meat probe
• Sense-Mate to monitor temperature
• Excellent customer service
• In the smoke, the 12V plug can come out. This can be a little bothersome if you’re not paying attention to what’s going on with the thing.
Camerons Large Stovetop Smoker
- Stovetop Smoker - Smokes meat, fish, vegetables and more right on the stovetop! Can also be used as a steamer, poachers, or roasting pan! - the perfect Fathers Day gift
- Smoking Box - All components nest inside the smoker when not in use and the handles fold away for easy storage.
- Indoor Smoker - Can be used on any heat source (gas, electric, or campfire).
- Includes - Stovetop Smoker, Stick-Free Rack, Drip Pan, Lid, BONUS Wood Chip Pints, and Recipe Guide!
- Seamless stainless steel construction is dishwasher safe.
Camerons Large Stovetop Smoker is a cheap smoker for camping that is easy to use. This smoker can be used both inside and outside with a propane stove or any other stove. It comes with a sample of wood chips, a stick-free rack, a drip pan, and a guide to recipes.
There are a lot of things you can do with this. You can smoke meat, fish, and even vegetables with this. This grill can also be used to steam, poach, or roast food in a pan. In the end, when you’re done with it, you can also put it in the dishwasher because it’s safe. The stainless steel is completely smooth, so it can be washed.
For camping, this stovetop smoker is great because it’s easy to pack up and take with you! The handles fold away, and all the other parts fit inside.
• Convenient to use
• Comes with sample wood chips
• Dishwasher safe
• Easy to store
• This is not large enough if you have extra guests
Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill And Smoker
- PORTABLE CHARCOAL GRILL - Kamado style Portable BBQ Grill & Smoker perfect for both high heat grilling and low-and-slow cooking
- GRILL ANYWHERE - Grilling on-the-go has never been easier thanks to the convenient handles and compact frame, perfect for tailgating, camping, barbecuing at the park, or at home in the backyard
- BEST IN CLASS FEATURES - Insulated design with locking lid traps smoke, heat, and moisture like expensive ceramic kamados producing flavorful barbecue and allowing you to use less charcoal
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Made from heavy-gauge powder coated Steel with thick Cast Iron cooking grates for maximum durability and heat retention
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - Control the heat levels with ease using the indexed adjustable dual dampers and thermometer, and quickly clean up after grilling using the removable Easy Dump Ash Pan
The Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker is a strong smoker for camping that has the right flavors. This smoker is made of solid 22 gauge steel and has a powder-coated finish. It is built to last. The triple-walled cooker keeps heat in and keeps the temperature between 200 and 700 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, the grill is held in place by its short, strong legs. The grill is easy to move because it only weighs 37 pounds and comes with side handles.
When you’re camping, the 153 square inches of grilling space is just right for cooking food. An adjustable top damper helps keep the air moving, and a built-in temperature gauge lets you keep an eye on the temperature. There’s also a damper at the bottom that can be used to control how much air comes in. This smoker is great for cooking meat at high heat or smoking it slowly.
When it comes to cleaning this grill, it’s not too hard because the ash pan makes it simple.
• It’s strong and lightweight.
• With side handles, it’s easy to move.
• Good insulation
• Easy to assemble
• It’s a little hard to put the handle on.
• A little small for a lot of people.
Weber 14-Inch Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker
- Your purchase includes: One Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker + Cover
- Item overall dimensions: 14.7" W x 14.7" D x 31.4" H. Item weight: 24 lbs
- Cooking Grid Dimensions 13 1/2 X 13 1/2". Main Grilling Area 143 Sq. Inches. Total Grilling Area 286 Sq. Inches
- Easy assembly required, instructions avaialable in User Guide attachment.
- Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker reaches approximadetely 190°F inside temperature
It’s hard to go wrong with a Weber when you’re camping and need a good smoker. The brand has been around for a long time and knows how to make a customer happy. There is a Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker to show how good their products really are.
If you have a small family, you can choose the small charcoal smoker that looks like a bullet. To throw this into the back of your truck, you just need to lift the lid. It weighs about 20 pounds. However, you can still do a lot of roasts because the extra-large water pan keeps the heat up all day. Two cooking grates let you cook more than one thing at a time.
For example, it has a powder-coated body and plated steel cooking grates. It also has rust-proof metal legs. This means that your smoker will last for a long time without having to worry that it will get damaged or break down. A built-in lid thermometer is a good way to check the temperature. It also comes in different sizes, so you can choose one that fits your family.
• Lightweight and compact
• Easy to use
• Large water pan maintains heat for all-day smoking
• Available in different sizes